Produce for Kids has launched its annual “Get Healthy, Give Hope” Campaign with over 16 major supermarket chains across the country, including many of your local Kroger stores to help raise money for local children’s hospitals!!
With this fantastic program hosted by Kroger and Produce for Kids, the more produce that is added to your shopping lists the more hope that you can give to local children!!
This year they are celebrating their 10th birthday and for this milestone have announced a new partnership with Sprout ( One of our favorite channels) and Lazy Town ( Yayy Sporticus)
During this time they will be offering Collectable Ideal meals, which are free, quick, and easy meal ideas which will be found on display around stores by your favorite Lazy Town Characters. Ideal meals are fantastic for busy families who search for fast meal options that don’t involve the Drive – Thru. Here are the dates for some of your local stores.
Kroger Central: Now through July 18th
· Kroger Southwest: Now through July 24th
· Fred Meyer: Now through July 26th
· Price Chooper: Now through July 28th
· King Soopers: Now through July 31st
I know that you all LOVE new recipes so make sure to check these out!!!
Preparation Time: 12 minutes
- · 1 premade pound cake
- · 8 strawberries, whole, leaves hulled
- · 8 raspberries, whole
- · 1 cup pineapple, cored, chunked
- · 4 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
- · 4 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
1. Cut pound cake into 4 1×3-inch rectangles and 8 1×1-inch squares.
2. Place 1 1×3-inch piece cake on plate, stick skewer in middle.
3. Add strawberry, raspberry, pineapple and 1×1-inch piece of cake to skewer. Repeat with another strawberry, raspberry, pineapple and 1×1-inch piece of cake.
4. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Chocolatey Fruit Skewer Calories 354, Fat 2.5g, Protein 12g, Carbohydrate 52.1g, Fiber 2.4g, Cholesterol 9mg, Sodium 280mg, Calcium 348mg, Vitamin A 529 IU, Vitamin C 44.4mg, Iron 1.4mg
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- · 1 large peach or mango, peeled and chopped
- · 1 large nectarine, peeled and chopped
- · 2 medium bananas, sliced
- · 1 pt. strawberries or raspberries
- · ¼ cup orange or fruit juice
- · 2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
Place all smoothie ingredients in a blender and blend until just smooth.
Place 16 paper cups on a baking tray. Pour smoothie into paper cups. Place tray in freezer and freeze until slushy, about 20 minutes. Remove tray from freezer and insert one popsicle stick into the center of each cup. Return to freezer and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
To serve, tear away paper cup and place on plate. Enjoy!