These came out better then I could’ve ever imagined, and they are so easy to make!!!! Check it out.
What you will need!
1 large head cabbage
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
¾ cup quick-cooking rice ( like Minute Rice)
½ cup chopped green pepper
½ cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
1 package onion soup mix
1½ pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice, such as V8
Salt to taste
How to prepare…
1. Cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head. Set aside 12 large leaves for rolls; drain well.
2. Cut out the thick vein from the bottom of each reserved leaf, making a V-shaped cut; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, rice, green pepper, cracker crumbs, and soup mix. Mix in ground beef.
4. Place about ⅓ cup meat mixture on each cabbage leaf; overlap cut ends of leaf. Fold in sides, beginning from the cut end. Roll up completely to enclose filling.
5. Place cabbage rolls in a greased 5-quart slow cooker. Pour tomato juice over rolls.
6. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hour.