It’s hard for me to believe that E.T. is celebrating its 30th anniversary!! It is the first movie that I saw in the theaters and though I don’t remember it well, I have often been told the story of how I started crying when we got to the car because E.T. went away.
Now 30 years later I am showing my daughter ( who is the age I was) E.T for the very first time, only it wont be on the big screen but crystal clear HD on our T.V at home. I honestly don’t think that I was prepared with how good E.T would look on Blu Ray until the movie began. And just as I thought, Kenna was enchanted with E.T and the special bond formed with his friend Elliot. I am so happy to have a copy of this part of my theatrical history!
Steven Spielberg’s Unforgettable Adventure Debuts in A Digitally Remastered 30th anniversary Edition
Blu-ray Combo Pack With Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy & UltraViolet October 9, 2012
Some of the Bonus Features on the Anniversary Edition are…
The E.T. Journals: In this all-new bonus feature, retrace the day-to-day experience of creating E.T from never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes footage shot by Academy Award®-winning cinematographer John Toll. This piece will give viewers a unique feeling of being on the set and living the excitement of what it was like to make E.T.
Steven Spielberg & E.T.: Watch an all-new interview with Steven Spielberg, as he reflects back on the film and discusses his experience working with the actors, as well as his overall and current perspective on E.T.
· Deleted Scenes: Two scenes from 2002 version of the film.
· A Look Back: A special insider’s look into the making of E.T. featuring interviews with Steven Spielberg, the cast, and others intimately involved with the film.
· The E.T. Reunion: The cast and filmmaker reunite to discuss their thoughts on the impact of the film.
· The Evolution and Creation of E.T.: From idea to screenplay, throughcasting and making the film.
· The Music of E.T.: A Discussion with John Williams: Interviews and footage focused on the long-standing relationship between John Williams and Steven Spielberg.
· The 20th Anniversary Premiere: Composer John Williams played the score of E.T. live at the Shrine Auditorium for the re-release premiere of E.T. This featurette gives us a behind the scenes look at this presentation.
· Original Theatrical Trailer
· Special Olympics TV spot
· Designs, Photographs and Marketing
E.T. Designs by Production Illustrator Ed Verreaux
E.T. Designs by Carlo Rambaldi
Spaceship Designs by Ralph McQuarrie
Designs by Production Illustrator Ed Verreaux
· UltraViolet: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and instantly stream and download to computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. Currently available in the United States only.
· Digital Copy: The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes a digital copy of the film compatible with iTunes®, iPad®, iPhone®, iPod™, iPod™ touch, Android or online retail partners.
BONUS FEATURES ON THE DVD:
· Steven Spielberg & E.T.
· Deleted Scenes
· A Look Back
· The E.T. Reunion
Make sure you get your copy of E.T on Blu Ray before it phones home and is gone forever!!